Share

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Lee Hong Yi, the prime minister's son

Of course being a prime minister's son had privileges. Lee Hong Yi recent case, which he emailed to the top about an AWOL case, had garnered such widespread discussions. Because he is the prime minister's son, scholar and potential prime minister.
I served my National Service as a typist. I used to typed the charge sheets for numerous AWOL cases. Most of them never got so much attentions. Some of them were so serious that, it seems that they can forget about having ROD as they kept repeating their AWOLs and being detented again and again. After the detentions, they still got to continue to serve their remaining NS.
The less serious cases were usually put in the camp detention barrack and their hair cut 'botak'. The serious cases were sent to the Provost Unit. I had brought back some cases from the Provost Unit to my camp. These cases were usually hard core cases, to continue to serve their remaining NS.
On one instance I type the charge sheet of a very serious case, I typed until my hand ached. Because the person was charged with so many cases about 9 charges. Each of the charge I got to type 7 copies(6 were carbon copies).

No comments: