Share

Sunday, August 12, 2007

For some good causes

Nowadays it seem that there a lots of news about the freaky weather conditions. Heavy floods in lots of place. Is these the signs of times to come. Recent reports of more frequent serious floods is a wake up call for us to take a more serious look at these issues. Global warning might had caused it.
Could these be the industrialisation of China and India, imagine 2 billions people changed the habits suddenly and their impact on the environment.
More innovative ideas and inventions needed to harness and store the sun, wind, sea wave, waterfall power etc.More or better incentives and awards for these type of inventions.
In Europe they were putting more automated bicycles dispensing booth for people and tourists to rent bicycles, to reduce air pollutions and traffic congestion's.
These computerised bicycles booth, where people can borrow and return anywhere where there are a bicycle booth. It was a good idea.
More bicycle friendly conditions need to be created, to encourage the use of bicycles.
I got a call from the President of SBOR, they were willing to sponsor a bike for me to join a group cycling program. I went to search for a bicycle shop areas around my housing estates for more than 1 and the half hours, I can't even find a bicycle shop. The program were later called off.
The last time my tenant left a bicycle, when she left. I used it for a while, I cycled for a while and it had some problems, as I can't find a bicycle repair shop. So I got to stop cycling then.
More enlightening ideas needed to offset it, as it will have a serious implication on everyone of us in the future.

No comments: